Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy
- The development of an emotional management capacity over internal states;
- The acquisition of autonomy and control in life;
- The ability to create new narratives for oneself and others, new ways of understanding and conducting one’s life;
- Develop interpersonal skills such as empathy, ability to communicate, assertiveness, problem solving, etc.
- The development of resilience to increase tolerance and the ability to grow with the difficulties that life imposes;Psychotherapy is a process that allows empirically proven results in several problems such as: panic, phobias, depression, anorexia, post traumatic stress among others.It is equally effective in personal, marital and family conflicts that can cause psychological / emotional distress and difficulty in functioning properly.
Diferentes vertentes em que a psicologia poderá ajuda-lo:
Avaliação da personalidade e funcionamento emocional
- Controlo e tolerância ao stress
- Aspectos afectivos
- Relações interpessoais
- Imagem de si
- Processamento de informação
- Mediação de informação
- Avaliação da Personalidade
- Avaliação dos Raciocínios (espacial, mecânico, numérico, abstracto e verbal)
- Avaliação de Interesses.
Depois da combinação desses dados é possível ajudar o jovem a dar conta dos seus pontos fortes e pontos menos fortes para que possam decidir em plena consciência o seu percurso profissional e pessoal.
Child assessment and consultation
- Relationship Difficulties
- Opposing Conduct
- Hyperactive conduits
- Learning difficulties
- Night terrors (nightmares)
- Difficulty in sphincter control (enuresis and encopresis)
Receive Professional Advice at Case Sakra!
Desensitisation and Reprocessing of Eye Movement (EMDR) is a psychotherapy that allows people to heal from the symptoms and emotional distress that result from disturbing life experiences.
Repeated studies show that using EMDR therapy people can experience the benefits of psychotherapy, which it would take years to achieve. It is widely assumed that severe emotional pain requires a lot of time to heal.
EMDR therapy shows that the mind can indeed heal itself from psychological trauma as much as the body recovers from physical trauma. Using the detailed protocols and procedures learned, the psychotherapist helps the client to activate their natural healing processes.
More than 30 studies of positive controlled outcomes were done with EMDR therapy. Some of the studies show that 84-90% of victims of a single trauma no longer have post-traumatic stress disorder after only three 90-minute sessions. It is recognised as an effective form of treatment by organisations such as the American Psychiatric Association, the World Health Organisation and the Department of Defence.